Category: Electronic engineering, electronics, mechanical engineering, material engineering
Date: IV quarter of 2019
Preliminary Inquiry (PI) to identify and select companies that are interested in and capable of delivering the following services:
Lot 1: technical maintenance and engineering support services for daily operations of the Observatory, including:
A. Regular services for :
– Preventive maintenance of technical infrastructure including telescopes and astronomical instruments;
– Basic corrective maintenance;
– Support to engineering activities linked to operations in general.
B. Variable services for:
– Emergency support;
– Projects related to the Paranal Observatory operations;
– Projects related to the Extremely Large Telescope Assembly-Integration-Verification phase at Paranal and Armazones.
Lot 2: operation of the Observatory Warehouse, which manages the consumables and spares required for all activities on site, including:
– Reception and storage of goods;
– Customer service at warehouse;
– Stock and inventory management;
– Procurement of goods under stock control;
– Miscellaneous additional services on-site (e.g. storage area inspections).
All services are to be performed on site, 365 days a year, in a shift system.
The PI will be released in Q3/2020 to potential suppliers in Chile and will be followed by a Call for tender planned to be issued in Q4/2020.
The process may result in a single contract for the 2 Lots or in two contracts.
The contract(s) shall start on 01 July 2021 for a firm period of 3 years, with options to extend by up to 3 more years.
The contract(s) is (are) expected to be awarded in Q1/2021, to the Bidder, which has submitted a fully compliant Tender and offers the best value for money for ESO taking into account the quality and price of the offer.
How to apply?