We present another article from our CERN Technology Portfolio series. Today we describe CERNBot – a comprehensive robotic platform.
CERNbot is a modular and flexible robotic platform developed at CERN for complex interventions in harsh environments. It is highly customisable platform that can receive up to two commercial robotic arms working together in a coordinated manner.
- Autonomous interventions in hostile environments in particular in presence of ionising radiation.
- Up to two coordinated commercial robotic arms installed providing for complex intervention capabilities.
- Real-time operating system.
- In the future, this system might be combined with a trained neural network to recognise scenes with the help of specific alpha-numeric markings.
- Highly versatile robotic platform
- High pay-load for a platform this size.
- Very competitive cost base.
- Based on standard industrial components with predictable upgrade path.
- Intelligent inspection and intervention reducing employee exposure.
- Data-extraction from previously inaccessible areas.
Aby dowiedzieć się więcej: