The ITER Organization is planning to announce a series of tenders this year, in which Polish companies and institutions may also participate. They apply to various market sectors, including cryogenics, engineering, electronics. Below you can find a list of tenders for which the estimated publication time is the last quarter of 2019. When the detailed information will be published, we will post it in the TENDERS section of our portal.
ITER tenders, which are scheduled to be announced in 2019
The description of the scope of the contract for which the contractor will be sought under the tender comes from ITER website.
Safety Valves for ITER Fluid System
The scope is to procure tritium-compatible valves which are qualified for normal and off-normal operating and maintenance conditions. The selected supplier will first need to quality their products in accordance with the ITER requirements, and then to supply the valves to IO.
The scope is to procure I&C cubicles. There will be mainly two types, Local Control Cubicle (LCCs) and Signal Conditions Cubicles (SCCs). The selected supplier will be in charge of manufacturing design, manufacturing, FAT, packing and shipping of the goods with the required documentations.
TCC0 mechanical engineering service
The scope is to review the CAD 3D models, the relevant 2D drawings and documents of the CWS piping distribution systems inside some Buildings as prepared by IO. The Contractor shall also perform some mechanical calculations, shall prepare the new CAD 3D models and accordingly shall issue new drawings/documents ready for the construction.
Diagnostics Boron Carbide Shielding Blocks
The shielding strategy of IO Equatorial Port Plugs is based on the so called modular Diagnostic Shielding Module (DSM). This concept is based on achieving the best compromise of weight and shielding capability by using Boron Carbide. Boron Carbide is a ceramic material difficult to conform and expensive. The optimum (cheapest) use identified is then by standard pieces (small bricks) which arrangement may be flexibly adapted to the integration of the Port Plug (organized in shielding trays) while taking advantage of a simple and cheaper manufacturing as well as of reduction due to the escalation. The scope of this contract is precisely the procurement of the bricks of Boron Carbide for IO Equatorial Port Plugs.
Supply of steel for small items on the back of the port plug
Supply of low cobalt steel for small items on the back of the port plug will include: metallic part of the windows. Need to anticipate in advance in order to be able to manage cost and schedule (learned a lot from PPS manufacturing).
Human Factors Engineering Studies of Main Control Room and Human-Machine Interfaces for ITER operations
The Contract performance will focus on:
• Establishing a coherent, multidisciplinary, and integrated HFE approach in the design of ITER MCR and HMIs;
• Contributing to the definition of HMI-based concept of operations in ITER Main Control Room (e.g., use of integrated HMIs for overall plant supervision and system-oriented HMIs);
• Ensuring the record and traceability of HF design requirements and HOF issues/discrepancies;
• Providing a qualified technical support in the field of Human Factors Engineering.
DMS Technology Support lab
The Contractor will perform for the ITER Organization (IO) for the Disruption Mitigation System (DMS) Support Laboratory framework agreement.
The scope of this work will be to provide a support laboratory to develop and test concepts for the ITER DMS. The first two typical tasks will be detailed briefly as following:
• The first is to set up a pellet formation, firing and shattering test stand that can be used to test different shatter tube geometries.
• The second task will be to use the test stand and diagnostic developed in the first task to test a variety of shatter tube geometries.
Further tasks will be confirmed as the project progresses.
Tokamak Department — Integration of the Divertor Cassette Assemblies
The Divertor Integrator will perform the integration of Divertor Cassette Assemblies. This includes the integration of the Plasma Facing Components onto the Cassette Bodies and in some cases, the integration of various Free-Issued items. The full activities will include prototyping, series production, testing, storage and transportation. All activities must meet class 1 ITER requirements for metrology, vacuum handbook and quality.
Diagnostic Development and Integration and Supply Engineering
This Contract will cover the following work:
• Density Interferometer Polarimeter (DIP)-Engineering and Supply
• Dust Monitor Engineering and testing
• Tritium Monitor Engineering and testing
• EQ 8 (& 17) and upper ports 4,5,6 integration engineering and testing
• Lower port 14 integration engineering and testing
• Erosion Monitor engineering and testing
Central Interlock System (CIS) Engineering Support Services
This contract will stablish a framework and the work will be structured in individual task orders. The services to be requested in the task orders will cover the following:
• Engineering services covering the participation in the design, prototyping and commissioning for CIS modules
• Support to IO in the review and assessment of technical works and documentation performed by third parties
• Development and integration of software modules and functions for fast controllers, based on FPGA and Linux-EPICS
• Engineering support for preparing the installation of CIS components
• Participation in commissioning activities
• Support to CIS in the preparation of interfaces to Plant Interlock Systems
• Support IO in the preparation of technical specifications
• Database development and management for archiving systems
• Design of VV PHTS Pressurizer
• Manufacture of VV PHTS Pressurizer (including base material procurement, qualifications, manufacturing, testing, inspecting and certifying)
• Packing and Transportation of VV PHTS Pressurizer to IO (ITER Organization) construction site
The ITER Organization will act as Equipment Manufacturer as it pertains to the ESPN, which is the legal entity which assumes responsibility for the design, manufacture and inspection of a product to be marketed under its name as an item of pressure equipment, nuclear pressure equipment, or a nuclear pressure assembly. ITER will liaise with the Agreed Notified Body for the ESPN compliance assessment.
The supplier will be responsible of drafting the Nuclear Pressure Equipment (ESPN) and the 2014/068 EU directive required documentation, such as hazards and risk analysis, design notes and drawings, design notes justifying correct equipment behaviour for each possibility of damage from the different cases of load combinations, instruction manual as well as any other document that can be used to show compliance to the essential safety requirements.
CAD Design and Engineering FWK contracts
Contract for outsourcing CAD design and engineering services
Control System Integration and Commissioning
The work to be performed in this framework contract is to support the I&C integration, commissioning and operation. Many problems will be identified during these life cycle phases and corrective actions, including redesign, have to be carried out. Enhancement and further integration and automation will be required to improve operation and explore the ITER machine.
The purpose of this contract is design, manufacture, delivery and installation support of gas filters for the drying system (DYS), ESPN (“Equipement Sous Pression Nucléaire” = Nuclear Pressure Equipment) level 3 classified. The Drying System (DYS) provides removal of water from TCWS (Tokamak Cooling Water System) that cannot be gravity drained and gas baking of divertor cassettes.
The DYS should be:
• capable to dry the in-vessel components of the client systems in preparation for periodic leak testing, maintenance or component replacement;
• able to blow-out (where required) and dry IBED PHTS (Integrated Blanket Edge localized mode Divertor) and VV PHTS (Vacuum Vessel Primary Heat Transfer System) loops to meet operational requirements;
• able to provide hot nitrogen for gas baking of the divertor cassettes;
• capable to provide the primary confinement for small amounts of ACP and tritium during drying operations.
The drying system filters are gas filters. Their goal is to remove particles from air in order to protect the DY compressor.